3.22.2012

DIY: RUFFLE WATERFALL TEE


When I passed this fabric at the craft store last week I immediately was intrigued by it.
Ever wonder how to upcycle a perfectly good tee or tank that is stained? 
Well this fabric saved a couple shirts for me! And it takes 10 minutes to do!

Supplies:
Liquid Stitch (Better than hem tape miracle worker)
Ruffle Fabric (Found mine here, but it is sold many places)
 Tee or Tank
One half yard can upcycle 3 shirts! 
Total Cost: $5.00

Instructions:
1) This fabric comes in many different colors at Hobby Lobby. Hunt your closet for the shirt you want to perform plastic surgery on that best matches your fabric color;)
2) Measure your fabric over your tee or tank (I used an old J.Crew tank that was stained in front) and trim a piece in vertical direction of ruffles that measures a couple inches from either side of the shirt. 
3) Place Liquid stitch alongside all edges and let dry for twenty minutes. Trim alongside the top and bottom hems. I left it slightly longer on the bottom for a better waterfall effect. What is great about this fabric is that it is a very soft tee-shirt like material so you don't have to worry about the edges shredding.

Feel free to email me with questions.
Stay tuned for another fun fashion DIY coming up next week;)

34 comments:

  1. Ooooh! I'm so going to do this! Fun idea, thanks ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! Definitely going to have to try! Thanks so much for sharing!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this of course ;) Your creativity amazes me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love this! it's so cute! and so simple!

    drop by allister bee soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. awesome Anna! on my list of things to pick up at hob lob!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's gorgeous, but I have to tell you, after sewing over my finger once -- I'd rather buy it from you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a cute upcycle! I need you to come to my house and help me find inspiration in my closet! You always have such good ideas to change things you already have!

    ReplyDelete
  8. i'm always impressed with your DIYs. always so classy and wearable! love this!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So pretty! Love it!

    http://shannonhearts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my gosh I absolutely adore this! Gorgeous job! xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is too cute!!! And totally do-able for the non-sewer like me! :) Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is too cute!!! And totally do-able for the non-sewer like me! :) Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow I love how this turned out--what a pretty shirt and I can't believe how affordable it is to make!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. oooohhh you have hit a mega home run with this one. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. HELLO talented momma! :) LOVE THIS!

    ReplyDelete
  16. love this DIY - the shirt looks like it was purchased with the "waterfall" detail!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Nice Blog. Love this idea. Great look, I am definitely trying this. Thanks for sharing. Please follow my blog @ www.laqistyling.com. I will greatly appreciate it. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh, I love it of course! Great idea. I have gotten rid of too many shirts...now I won't!

    Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  19. so cute anna! great job!

    http://nuhasofiyan.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your DIY are so awesome... must do them all!
    http://seventwentysomethings.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  21. So cool that you don't have to sew anything! Thanks for the inspiration, Anna. :)

    Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  22. You are pretty much a genius!!

    I love this idea!!

    And I love that cardigan!!

    Kirsten
    www.travandkirk.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. you are always up to something fab

    ReplyDelete
  24. SO so pretty—I love the femininity and texture that this adds to the look :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  25. Ah! I have a Hobby Lobby and am going to run to buy this fabric. LOVE this!

    ReplyDelete
  26. This is super cute! I <3 Hobby Lobby. I love how you show exactly what supplies you use, it makes things much easier! Too bad the closest Hobby Lobby for me is 30 min. Worth it though :)

    Angie @ Desperate Houselife

    ReplyDelete
  27. love you use of the ruffle fabric for this shirt. well done, happy to have found your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Would you suggest hand washing the shirt?

    ReplyDelete
  29. I just made this and it took all of 5 min. Thanks so much for a great inspiration. Can't wait to wear it.

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from each of you. Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts! <3

 
Pin It button on image hover