10.11.2012

His & Hers: DIY Flannel Scarves

Its that time of year where we all start to catch the autumn frenzy of baking, crafting, and decorating aimlessly...okay maybe not aimlessly but I often feel as if I am so busy doing all of these seasonal musts that when you stop and think about it, its humorous. I laugh at how funny we can be as humans. Busy bees. As I touched on in a recent post. I am working on less doing and more heart. Anyways, moving on...
This was a project I actually thoroughly enjoyed because I got to bring in the Mr. on this project and we now each have a favorite new scarf. (He loves the old school grandpa type flannel.)


Supplies:
1 yard of flannel fabric per scarf (the thicker the better)
Found mine at JoAnn's
Fabric Glue (or sew)
(Also can find at Hobby Lobby or JoAnn's)


Instructions:
I hope this graphic makes it easier to paint a mental picture. You can download it here. Its pretty simple! I am sure there are plenty of infinity scarf tutorials with different methods depending on the fabric you use. For flannel, it's thick so there is no need to double fold. 
1) Align your fabric and cut along the fold to make two panels.
 2) Fold a hem inwards on both ends of the fabric pieces and stitch or apply fabric glue (really sturdy! stitching is always more effective for long term). For the infinity scarf, sew or glue the other ends as well so you have a loop.
3) Apply fray check to the sides as flannel can fray easily. 

I am hoping to make a few more of these for the menfolk in my family. Its an easy gift to make, but it sure can makes some one feel loved:)
Stay tuned in the coming weeks to witness more of my overzealous autumn projects...
Love, Anna


40 comments:

  1. Love this! And it seems easy enough that I might actually be able to pull it off!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its SO easy! And so many possibilites:)

      Delete
  2. love these! so handsome on the husband!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aw thanks chica! He is very proud of it;)

      Delete
  3. Ooh! These are gorgeous! And you're so right, we are pretty silly creatures after all :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adore the scarf the fellow is wearing. So perfect for autumn, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. anna these are precious!! i want to make one for my hubby for christmas! i'm going to try. thanks for the idea!! xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was supposed to be a christmas gift for him but he got it a little early...;) Good luck with yours!

      Delete
  6. Genius! Love them both, this is an AWESOME tutorial Anna :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This would definitely make for awesome gifts! Love the gray & pink color combo!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are awesome, and look very easy to make! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes super easy Kayla:) Its one anyone could tackle.

      Delete
  9. I've been looking for a cozy infinity scarf... clearly I just need to DIY one! These look so great.

    ReplyDelete
  10. SO cute!!!!! My hubby and I would totally do this too haha.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this--these scarves look so pretty and cozy!! I don't think you can EVER have too many scarves!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So cute!!! I love this DIY because I can do it (I don't own a sewing machine yet :()

    Sara
    http://seventwentysomethings.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love a new sew DIY;) My sewing machine is broken at the moment so its making me think a little differently!

      Delete
  13. Ah that pink one is so so cute Anna! You always have the best taste! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  14. Goodness these are absolutely adorable! Love it - fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  15. How fun (and easy - thank goodness!). I love the pink scarf on pink sweater action :) I'm happily following your blog now - it's divine!

    xo,
    Maya

    ReplyDelete
  16. These are perfect for the recent weather! I'm going to have to make some :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. So perfect for fall! Flannel is so comfy and cozy.

    And I agree.. Let's hear it for Autumn crafting. It is so fun to find a girl as zealous about it as I am. Can't wait to see what you have coming up next. 'Tis the season, right?!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. The pink one if gorgeous.
    xx Tanya
    http://aciddreamsandsugarhighs.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is great Anna! I usually try to make jake something for xmas and his birthday in addition to a bought gift so this might be something I might be able to tackle. I know he would love it! You are so creative... Thank you for the idea an tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is great Anna! I usually try to make jake something for xmas and his birthday in addition to a bought gift so this might be something I might be able to tackle. I know he would love it! You are so creative... Thank you for the idea an tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I LOVE THIS!!
    And hand stitched makes it possible (when all you have is a needle and a thread!)

    ReplyDelete
  22. I saw this project and immediately went to fabric store and bought some flannel! Then I spent the next hour looking over all your other great DIY projects...now I will be busy making new clutches, up-cycling cardigans and making scarfs! Good thing I don't have a lot of things planned this weekend :) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  23. The fabric glue is SERIOUSLY genius!

    ReplyDelete
  24. this seems like a seriously good and really easy idea, plus flannel scarfs are a must where I'm based. it's chilly already. thanks for stopping by so much

    ReplyDelete
  25. These turned out fantastic, Anna!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Anna, that pink and grey fabric is gorgeous! Great tutorial!

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from each of you. Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts! <3

 
Pin It button on image hover